Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Ultrasound...

I called the doctor's office up when they opened. They told me to come in so they could do an ultrasound.
I told the nice old lady that set-up the appointments what had happened that morning.

She felt awful. She instructed me to write the conversation down and send in a note to the office. She said the lady should be reprimanded.

I went through the ultrasound. The heart was beating. They did kick counts and asked me if I was feeling the kicking. I felt about 3/4 of the kicks. Of course. Of course she started kicking during the appointment.

I felt silly.

I went home thankful that the news wasn't traumatic.

I then sat down and wrote down my thoughts regarding the lady I talked to on the phone that morning. You remember, Dr. Jerkface, don't you? I hoped she would be reprimanded or asked not to talk to mothers on the phone anymore.

I'm just hopeful that they put someone on the phone with compassion. The last thing any mother wants to hear is someone as insensitive as that woman was.

After sending off the letter, I focused my attention on my meeting with the NICU doctor.


No comments:

Post a Comment