Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Next Three Days....

The next few days were like we were living in a tunnel. Our world had stopped but others kept zooming by.

I cried for days. Sadie was a year and a half and kept us laughing but in the down time or even in conversation with Scott I would ask,

"What are we going to do?"
I would start to cry. An ugly cry. A cry that was uncontrollable. My head hurt constantly.

Scott did end up calling my family. My mom didn't believe him and thought he was joking. He said it wasn't a joke, with tears in his eyes. I sat beside him watching, crying. This was no joke. This was real. This was our life.

Scott's family emailed back and said they were sorry that we were going through this. His parents were supposed to come down the weekend after Memorial Day Weekend. They asked if they should still come down. We said they should.

This put everything in perspective for us. We were going to lose a child that we had grown to love, that we planned a future for, that was still growing inside of me.

 We would have to plan a funeral. A funeral for our baby we hadn't even met yet.

They put a rush on the test. We were supposed to hear something in three days. 7 days for the more thorough test.

During those three days, we prayed. We prayed and hoped the doctors were wrong. We asked him to heal our baby. We asked him to give us the faith we needed to continue on with life. To be strong for Sadie.

We prayed a lot. We cried a lot. I can't really remember a time in those three days that I wasn't tearing up.

We waited for the phone call knowing it was in God's hands.

We enjoyed Sadie and all the laughter she brought us. She was our ray of light. Our hope for the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment