Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Appointments Galore...

The OB office finally caught on to what was happening.

My next appointment was with a doctor, we'll call him Mr. Jerkface.

I brought Sadie in with me.

We were just at the pool and I like to be safe (notice the common theme here) so I had put sunscreen on her head. She really didn't have much hair on her head. The hair that was there was very fine. I didn't want her to burn.

I lost track of time so we ended up rushing to leave just so I could get to the appointment on time. I didn't have time to give her a bath, only time to change her out of her wet clothes.

I figured we were going right home afterwards and I would be able to clean her up then.

The doctor asked me if I was okay. I said I was. At that moment in time, I actually was.

He then asked me if grease was in Sadie's hair. He seemed concerned. I was irritated. No, I actually give my child regular baths. Thank you, though, Dr. Jerkface for actually pointing this out to me. This is when I should have known that he was a real piece of work.

I told him that it was sunscreen because we had just come from the pool. He seemed relieved.

He went on:
"Have you changed your mind about going to Colorado or Kentucky and having an abortion?"
 "No."
"You do realize that this fetus has multiple anomalies and won't survive past 28 weeks."
"Yes."
"Your quality of life and that of the fetus will not be good even if it does survive."
"Okay."
"Okay, you've had a c-section with your first. The outcome will be the same either way. The fetus is not compatible with life. Whether you have a c-section or whether you deliver vaginally."
"Okay."
"When you go into labor, we aren't going to stop it. You will then deliver vaginally."
"Okay."
"Do you have any questions for me?"
 "No." (I was wondering how he could be so insensitive. I didn't ask that question though! I wanted to get out of that appointment as quickly as possible.)
"Okay, you will be seen regularly now for the duration of the pregnancy. See the girls outside for your upcoming appointments."
"Okay, thank you."
 I made my appointments and left.



No comments:

Post a Comment