Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Phone Call...

After three days of praying the dreaded phone call came. Just writing these posts have brought back the many emotions I experienced during those three days and beyond.

This was a very trying time. I sunk into a sort of depression and didn't really want to talk to anyone about any of the details. I don't cry in front of people. That would show weakness, I thought.

So, I tried to stay at home. With Sadie. Playing with her. Trying to keep my mind off of the phone call. It didn't work, but I tried.

I answered the phone. I knew it was the doctor's office. The nurse told me that the tests had come back negative for the three main things they looked for: Trisomy 13, Trisomy 18, and Down Syndrome. They still were waiting for the more thorough test and reiterated that the prognosis is not good. They still thought that whatever was happening, it was not compatible with life.

They want to set-up an appointment with the genetic counselors. Oh joy. This would be the first of many appointments in the next few months.

I called my family. I told them the news. Actually, I just called my mom and she passed the information down the line. I had a tiny bit of excitement knowing those three things were now off of the table. I got down on my knees and thanked God. I didn't know what the next test would show but I was determined to continue to pray and ask for healing, a miracle, anything to keep my baby alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment